Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's Working and What's Not.







First of all, sorry for the gap between posts, but as a writer, my first priority is my novels and deadlines and self-promotion and ...well, the list goes on - lol! With that said, alot of interesting things are happening in our garden these days. The weather has been spectacular, and the plants are really feeling it! Well, except for those plants that are clearly giving in and giving up. I'm quite annoyed with those plants - yes, they know who they are.
So, for fun I decided to rate all the new plants in the garden as if they were a first date.

The beans...
As I excepted, trying to plant anything in egg cartons yields nothing but frustration and a few tears..lol.. I think it's because as soon as the moisture goes in, it evaps right out - no matter what I cover it with. At this point, I got nothin' but dry soil and seed.
Egg carton=Jerk. :-)

La Topsy Turvy (Say this 10 times fast and in a French accent)
Yeah, laugh it up, but last year this baby grew us some pretty and very tasty tomatoes as well as some Pasilla chilies. This year, I have no idea what's happening. Although there are tiny tomatoes on it already, the leaves look horribly sad... (Shakes head)
Topsy Turvy=Inconsistent and kind of unattractive

The corn.
The corn.
I don't know what's happening here. Here's the corn several weeks ago...


... and here it is now.


Can you see the difference? I know I can't. Basically at this rate, I think I'll have corn sometime in the summer of 2015...
Corn=Not ready to commit.


Then there's this.

Oh yeah, baby!
The tomatoes planted right in the organic compost bag. Wow. Beautiful, and a ton of flowers. This was a great tip, great idea for easy planting - although I'm not sure what to do when the fruit begins... do I try and cage it?? nonetheless...
Tomatoes=Dreamy, what a catch!
And last but not least..
The Taters.

GORGEOUS! Who knew this would be so simple, so beautiful, so hardy. I say, plant some today - the only thing is, I have NO IDEA WHEN THEY'RE READY. Do you?
Potatoes=Soul Mate.
That's right I said it!




No comments:

Post a Comment